The smokey eyes look is a classic party look, and is quite easy to do. I like brown smokey eyes as it’s universally flattering, and more subtle so can take you from dinner to nightclub.
Full, natural coverage with the slightest peach blush – coral blush would work quite nicely too.
- Face of Australia Lasting Looks Foundation Ivory
- Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour Rose Petal (the bottom right hand colour in the custom palette in above pic)
- Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour Fresco (top right hand colour in the custom palette) – contour sides of nose
The key here is to layer the colours from the lashline up to the socket line, using good quality eyeshadow brushes so they blend into each other. Keep the brows a little lighter than usual, and fake lashes are a must!
- Face of Australia Eye Primer Matte
- Solone Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil Black - draw a thick wing along the top lashline, extending into the inner and outer corners. Fill in the inner top lashline as that adds to the intensity and make the lashes look thicker. Also line the bottom lashline but leave the waterline bare
- Colour A (matte black) – with a small round eyeshadow brush layer this colour over the black eyeliner and blend 3mm outward
- Colour B (matte dark brown) – with a medium eyeshadow brush layer this colour over the black eyeshadow and blend outward and fill the entire socket
- Colour C (shimmer terracotta) – with a blending brush layer this colour over Colour B and extend just over the socket line. Then use a small eyeliner brush to soften the lower eyeline with this colour
- Colour D (shimmer brown) – with a medium eyeshadow brush layer this colour onto the inner 1/3 of upper lid
- Colour E (satin white) – use an angled eyeline brush and fill in the waterline with this colour
- Kiss Me Heroin Make Long & Curl Mascara – for top and bottom lashes
- Face of Australia Eye Definer Brown - to fill in the brows
- Fake Lashes Princess Lee No. 7 and Chanti No. 135 – layering a cris-cross lashes over a natural fluttering one creates multi-layered lashes that still look natural
Lips are kept nude to contrast against the bold eyes.
- Face of Australia Mechanical Lip Pencil Nude
- Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick Iced Almond
Sultry and sophisticated – the smokey eye nude lips look will never go out of style.
Incoming search terms:
- laura mercier coffee ground
- brown smokey eye
- smokey eyes
- brown ivory Smokey eye
- eyeline com au loc:US
- face of australia iced almond lipstick review
- face of australia lipstick iced almond