Following my failure at Chinese New Year Mani, I thought I better try to redeem myself a little with a Chinese New Year FOTD. This is the makeup I did for the reunion dinner on Chinese New Year eve – as it was a relatively casual affair (just me, my parents, Mr Ronan and his parents), I kept the look subdued with touches of gold, red and black.
Since it was a very hot day in Melbourne, I was a bit more heavy-handed with the powder so my makeup holds up.
- Face of Australia Stick Foundation Ivory
- Lunasol Limited Edition Cream Cheeks EX03 Light Coral
- Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
- Face of Australia Eye Definer Brown
- Laura Mercier eyeshadows – Coffee Ground, Cafe Au Lait, and Fresco
Combination of gold, red and black – typical colours of Chinese New Year.
- GEO Circle Lenses Magic Black
- Kanebo T’estimo eyeshadow No. 3 – I used the sparkly beige gold for the entire lids and under the lower lashlines, and including inner corners of the eyes
- 88 Palette Eyeshadow - I used a matte red to accent the outer upper and lower lashlines. Also used a black eyeshadow over the eyeliner to set it so it doesn’t run down my face as soon as I step outside into the heat
- Solone Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil Black - I lined the inner upper lashlines most of the way, then took it up and extend towards the outer 1/3. Did the same with the lower lashlines so the outer 1/3 is more visible.
Another reason I kept the eyes simple is so that I can wear a bright red lippy – which is a must for Chinese New Year!
- Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick Forbidden Fruit – applied with a lip brush
We went to Hutong Dumpling Bar and ate heaps!! To be honest I reckon their dumplings are just okay, but I really love their Sichuan chilli dishes. My favourite is their 夫妻肺片, which I won’t translate for the non-Chinese readers cos it would most likely sound extremely unappetising. But I LOVE IT – one plate of this on a bowl of rice and I’m in heaven
Near the end of our dinner, a Dragon Dance crew came into the restaurant! It was so much fun and we made a small contribution of red packet, as it was going to charity. Once we left the restaurant we stood outside and waited for the firecrackers to be lit, and more Dragon dance. Mr Ronan’s mum absolutely loved it and recorded the whole thing on her Iphone – so cute of her!!!
Incoming search terms:
- face of australia translucent powder
- la mer translucent powder
- laura mercier custom palette
- laura mercier eyeshadow cafe au lait
- laura mercier eye shadow
- face of australia hd stick foundation
- closed chinese eyes
- Kanebo Translucent Loose Powder
- kanebo loose powder
- eyes closed chinese