Ah I love the beauty blogger community… just when I thought I’m stuck for FOTD ideas, out comes the fabulous launch of Makeup Utopia. Makeup Utopia will be running fortnightly FOTD challenges – and here is the first theme: Mermaid Inspired.
My interpretation of the theme is how I envisage a mermaid would look like: an ethereal and mythical sea creature with subtle colours of the sea. As a child, I used to love playing mermaid (by wrapping a blanket around my legs, of course ), and this is a perfect opportunity to re-live that fantasy.
The skin is dewy, luminous with shell-like lustre. The cheeks are flushed coral, like a mild sunburn – which the mermaid got as she spends hours with her head above the ocean, peering at the beautiful prince.
- Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator Angel Mist – applied all over the face/eyes/lips as base
- 1028 Visual Therapy Naturally Fair Foundation
- Lunasol Limited Edition Cream Cheeks EX03 Light Coral - patted across the apples of the cheeks, and a little across the nose
As my interpretation is how a mermaid would actually look like, the eyes are kept really light with no use of pencils. The idea is that they are tinted by the sea grasses, golden sand and white sea foams, as the mermaid swims past them everyday.
- GEO Bambi Princess Mimi circle lenses Apple Green
- Lunasol Vacation Ocean Eyeshadows Palette – peach colour on the very inner lid, sheer aqua green all over the lid and under eye, and a little of the dark blue along the outer upper lashline
- Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator Angel Glow - applied lightly under the inner and outer ends of the brows
- Kanebo T’estimo eyeshadow No. 3 - gold applied over the brows and blended into the aqua green
- Face of Australia Mini Mousse Snow White - dotted along the temple and upper cheek, and the inner corners of the eyes
- Face of Australia Impact-Curl Mascara Black – just 1 coat over the top and bottom lashes.
The lips are tinted coral and naturally moist, not glossy or shimmery.
- Lunasol Limited Edition Cream Cheeks EX03 Light Coral - applied all over the lips
- Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Colour True Coral - patted onto the middle of the lips for a subtle gradient
- Face of Australia Massage Therapy Lip Shine Noosa - applied very thinly over the lips
I found the best ‘tool’ for this look, is to pat the colours on with the fingers. That way the colours look sheer, and not too precise. Hope you like this look, and look forward to see other entries in Makeup Utopia’s FOTD Challenge 1!
Incoming search terms:
- tom ford lip shine
- angel key leg bb mousse
- blog KANEBO Eye Colour mermaid
- kanebo lunasol shining ocean eyes
- tom ford liquid foundation swatches