Carmex® is a brand I’ve heard of but never tried. Why? Partly because I don’t really pay that much attention to lip products (as mentioned in a previous post), and mostly because I was quite happy with my trusty Blistex and saw no reason to change.
But, when I received the Carmex® Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm in one of the goodie bags at the ABBW, I was really quite excited and it was the first product I tore into.
What they say:
Carmex® Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm is a clear satin gloss with healing properties. The formula contains SPF 15 for sun protection and shea butter, vitamin E and aloe for their moisturising properties. The ultra hydrating balm can be worn under lipstick for the perfect base primer or over the top of lipstick to extend wear and add sheen.
Active ingredients: Octinoxate and Oxybenzone, two sunscreen agents.
Other ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis.
The lip balm is a semi-opaque wax with a slight sheen, in a nice pearlised compact tube that gives a nice solid ‘click’ on closure.
Being the lazy person that I am, whilst I do suffer from dry, chapped lips, I can’t be bothered applying lip balm throughout the day. Instead I use my tried-and-true lazy-a$$ method to soft lips, which is the following:
1. Before bed time, apply lip balm thickly all over the lips, covering slightly over the edges and as far into the inside of the lips without getting on teeth.
2. Go to sleep.
3. In the morning, use the underside of toilet paper and in one firm horizontal swipe, wipe away all the dead dry skins that have been softened by the lip balm overnight. This is how much came off my lips with the use of the Carmex® Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm (ewwwww).
5. Go to work, only reapply the lipstick when required. For me it’s just once, after lunch.
6. Come home exhausted, but still with chap-free soft lips
I am extremely impressed with Carmex® Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm! It leaves my lips soft and hydrated all day, gives a slight tingle to my lips so that I can feel it working, and has a hint of honey scent that I find really sophisticated and pleasant.
Will I repurchase it? Hell yeah I’m never letting this baby go!
Carmex® Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm retails a nifty little $8.99 and is available from all good pharmacies, selected Woolworths/Safeway, selected Coles and selected BIG W.
Incoming search terms:
- carmex moisture plus
- carmex moisture plus pink
- carmex moisture plus review
- Carmex Moisture Plus SPF 15 Hydrating Lip Balm
- carmex lip balm review
- carmex moisture plus clear
- girls lip
- soft lips