If you are Asian with anything other than open double eyelids, or have oily skin, chances are you’d have this problem: smudgy eyeliner. I, unfortunately have been hit with the double whammy – single eyelids AND extremely oily skin, which means eye pencils just love transferring themselves to my under eye area, giving me the ever-alluring panda eyes
Only two eyeliners have alleviated this problem: Liquid Eyeliner and Gel Eyeliner. But the former doesn’t allow for any blending for a smokey effect, and the latter is just so damn troublesome.
The Solone Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil was rated as the number 1 budget eyeliner pencil by Taiwan’s leading beauty forum, FashionGuide, so naturally I had to pick up, err, 3, as a part of my Taiwan haul.
- Dries in 10 seconds
- Super waterproof formula
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, oil-proof
- Soft and easy to use formula
- Available in 8 colours: Black, Silver Black, Brown, Gold Black, Platinum, Sapphire, Purple, Silver.
CARNAUBA WAX, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, 2-Ethyl Hexyl Plamitate, Castor oil, Glycerine Tri-Capryl Caprate, Pigment.
- Glossy, black finish
- Great value for money, especially when it comes with a sharpener as well
- Easy to use, formula is soft but sets reasonably fast
- Blendable, great for smokey eyes
- Longer-lasting wear – for me it stays put for about 5 hours
- Shimmer particles in the colours other than Black and Brown
Unfortunately, this will NOT guarantee the end of your panda eyes if you are a chronic sufferer of them. For a full day wear, I still can’t get away with using this without an eye primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion is best), setting it with eyeshadow and going over the upper lashline with a liquid eyeliner.
Still, it fairs better than most eye pencils which still transfer within 2 hours even when I’ve done all of the above. I also really like the glossy finish, which is more like a gel eyeliner than a traditional eye pencil.
So for me, I have to leave this for night wear or short days, especially if I want to use it in my upper waterline (where you can’t use primer, eyeshadow for setting). But if you only suffer a slight case of the dreaded panda eyes this would be great.
Solone Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil is NT $100-$199 (~AUD$7) and is available in all good pharmacies in Taiwan. For non-Taiwanese residents please try reputable Ebay sellers.
Incoming search terms:
- solone eyeliner
- solone eyeliner review
- solone waterproof gel eyeliner pencil
- solone liquid eyeliner review
- solone eye pencil
- solone eyeliner taiwan
- best eyeliner taipei
- solone eyeliner pencil
- waterproof gel liner