Getting the right balance between eyes, cheeks and lips is tricky. The old rule of thumb in makeup, is that where you focus on one, you play down the others.
But greedy me want it all! I love having smokey eyes, flushed cheeks AND vibrant lips. So what to do? Luckily, the BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette I purchased in Taiwan showed me the way.
I’ve worn this look to a wedding reception, and a night out on the town with the girls, and really like it! It’s not too OTT, as the full-on smokey eyes and beige lips can be too harsh for evening events, and bright lips and nude eyes are a bit, too understated for my liking
Of course, luminous skin is a must, and also needs to be budge-proof to withstand the hours of party time . For blush, I’ve really been loving BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette’s tip, in that you use a peach shimmer blush all over the cheek area, and a girlie pink on the apples.
- Za BB Cream
- Face of Australia Stick Foundation Ivory
- YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch
- Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
- BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette – colours A, B and highlighting stick (see details here)
Again I rely on the BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette for the just right smokey eyes. I find the key to smokey eyes that don’t look intimidating, is to use pink on the inner corners, and terracotta along the socket line (I blend a bit of colour A of BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette into it).
Leave the brows until after the eyes are done, and go slowly when building up the colours on the eyes – put a bit on, look at your eyes in the mirror, then put more on as required.
I also use 2 pairs of eyelashes, as I find that to give the most natural yet dramatic look.
- GEO Circle Lenses Magic Black
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- BÉBÉ POSHÉ Sweet Doll Super Palette
- Solone Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil Black
- Benefit Brow-a-go-go
- Face of Australia Imoact Curl Mascara Black
- Fake Lashes Princess Lee No. 7 and Chanti No. 135
I applied a bright lip colour, but with a lip brush so that it looks sheer.
- Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick Forbidden Fruit
The best thing I like about this look, is that it goes well from evening to night. It doesn’t look too heavy in the early hours of the evening, but then the eyes take on a more smouldering effect into the night. The result is sexy, yet elegant.
Incoming search terms:
- liese platinum beige review
- monolid smokey eye
- touche eclat review
- face of australia mineral therapy powder foundation review
- bobbi brown beige 3 foundation stick
- rd03 tony moly kiss lover
- face of australia iced almond
- princess lee lash
- almond eyes no double lids
- asian smokey eye