Since hitting the big 3-0 and suffering a serious bout of adult acne a few years back, I have pretty much shied away from drugstore skincare, with the exception of masks since I can churn through them quite a bit.
I am especially fussy with cleansers. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog would have read about my excessively oily skin. So I need a cleanser that is able to remove all the grime & makeup off my face at the end of the day, yet does not dry out my skin which causes it to be even more oily and develop pimples.
My regular cleanser of choice is the Simplicite Plant Gel Cleanser for combination/oily skin (read about it here). It’s not too exxy but seeing that I’m STILL paying off my Malaysia/Taiwan trip, and that I received a whole bunch of goodies from the ABBW, I decided to give Nivea Visage Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Wash & Scrub a try.
What they say:
NIVEA VISAGE DAILY ESSENTIALS 2 IN 1 WASH & SCRUB enriched with natural Lemongrass & Rice Extract deeply purifies and removes excess oil for a fresh, clear complexion without drying your skin:
Purifying micro-scrubs effectively eliminate and prevent skin impurities.
HydroBalance System removes dirt and excess oil to prevent shine , at the same time respecting the skin’s own moisture balance and preventing dehydration.
The texture is an greenish aqueous gel with some dark blue granules.
- Pleasant fragrance – I love the natural aroma of the essential oils in my Simplicite cleanser. The Nivea Visage Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Wash & Scrub is slightly synthetic and soapy smelling but I can live with it.
- Does not foam – a big plus for me! I HATE foaming cleansers which I find most common in drugstore cleanser. Foaming cleansers are so harsh on my skin, causing the surface to dry out and end up with pimples underneath, so I avoid them at all costs.
- Contains only small amount of granules – this is also great as I was worried that daily exfoliation would aggravate my skin.
- Cleanses well – you can see from the picture below that it only leaves a very slight residue of makeup (note: I wore minimal foundation/powder today, but used the cleanser without pre-cleansing). I do need to use an eye makeup remover in addition to it, but that’s pretty normal for most facial cleansers.
Would I re-purchase it? Yes I would as a back up cleanser for travels and/or when I’m cash-strapped. I still love my Simplicite cleanser for its great smell and relatively luxurious texture.
Nivea Visage Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Wash & Scrub retails for AUD$9.97 and is available in Supermarkets, Priceline, Myer, Target, Kmart, Big W and selected pharmacies.
Incoming search terms:
- nivea scrub
- nivea 2 in 1 wash and scrub review
- nivea daily essentials 2 in 1 wash and scrub
- nivea daily essentials 2 in 1 wash & scrub review
- nivea visage scrub review
- nivea visage daily essentials 2 in 1 makeupalley
- nivea visage daily essentials facial scrub 2 in 1 wash
- Nivea Visage Daily Essentials
- nivea visage daily essential
- nivea visage 2 in 1 wash & scrub 150ml